PLATKIN CONFIRMATION WILL BE
ANOTHER BLACK EYE FOR NEW JERSEY
RAMSEY, N.J. – August 9, 2022 – Businessman and Republican Congressional nominee Frank Pallotta blasted New Jersey Democrats for even considering scandal-plagued Acting Attorney Matthew Platkin for Senate confirmation. On Monday, the State Senate Judiciary Committee voted to release the nomination after it had stalled earlier this year.
“After months of what appeared to be sanity from the Democrats in denying Platkin Senate confirmation, they are showing their true colors by moving on this nomination during August vacation time,” said Mr. Pallotta. “This once again makes New Jersey the poster child for political corruption.”
Mr. Platkin’s controversies expose the systemic corruption in New Jersey government and politics:
· As Chief Counsel to Governor Phil Murphy, Mr. Platkin permitted political officials to obtain COVID tests ahead of those most at-risk, such as those in nursing homes.
· Mr. Platkin drafted and signed the order mandating that nursing and veterans’ homes take patients infected with COVID – a decision that led to the death of 10,000 innocent people who would have otherwise been isolated from the virus.
· He authored executive orders that closed family-owned businesses and favored operations of union-busting companies like Amazon.
· Mr. Platkin drafted conflicting orders that kept liquor stores open but closed houses of worship (a move since found to be unconstitutional).
· He helped to cover up the sexual assault of a Murphy campaign volunteer and protected the Governor and his family by denying their knowledge. The perpetrator was not only awarded with a cushy six-figure government job but was given a sizable pay raise.
Despite a report detailing the botched handling of these incidents, Mr. Platkin could be confirmed as the state’s chief law enforcement officer.
“New Jersey taxpayers will now have to pay more than $50 million to the families of those who died in veteran homes and senior facilities due to the recklessness of Matt Platkin,” Mr. Pallotta continued. “Those who vote for his confirmation must be held to account by the voters. This administration is sending a clear signal that New Jersey Democrats don’t care about loss of life, nor do they care about sexual assault victims. They have also turned a blind eye to the financial ruin inflicted upon our small business owners. This Democrat corruption must end.”